*Applicants must reside in the EU or within US EST at this time*
About the role:
W3BCLOUD (W3B) is seeking a Senior Accountant to help build and oversee the accounting and fixed assets operations of the company.
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Design, build, and implement monthly accounting processes for accounts payable and fixed assets operations
- Fixed Assets Portfolio Reporting:
- Participate in periodical stock-tracking processes and document results
- Working with the data centre operation team to ensure the fixed assets registry is up to date
- Own the fixed assets registry and reconciliation to the financial accounts
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly and ad-hoc reports on assets
- Use and improve the accounting, tax and reporting capabilities of W3B
- Account Payable Reporting:
- Primary point of contact for transitions and queries
- Reconciliations of control accounts
- Supporting the group finance team with the setting up and maintenance of appropriate accounts payable controls and processes.
- Preparation of VAT returns for Irish company
- Administration of expense reports
- Streamline and automate processes while maintaining financial statement accuracy and ensuring compliance with global policies
- Contribute to the testing of the ERP system and other finance / accounting tools and software
- KPI reporting
- Support and advice on a new work streams
- Support of external and internal compliance and audit processes
Ideal candidate will be growth-oriented and enthusiastic to build and scale this role and their responsibilities over time.
- Prior experience with fixed assets
- Prior Accounts payable experience
- Degree in finance, business, or accounting is mandatory
- 3+ years of professional accountancy Qualification (CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- 3+ years of financial auditing, accounting, finance operations, or related experience
- Knowledge of advanced accounting theory and US accounting standards a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and with an eye towards process improvement
- Strong attention to detail, go-getter attitude, and ambition (someone looking to build out a career at a growing company)
- An expressed interest expanding their skillset
- Willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience working with cloud based accounting software and databases
- Ability to work in various startup environments
- NetSuite and/or Netgain experience highly preferred
- Ability to work independently (remote), manage large workloads, and keep deadlines
W3BCLOUD is a joint venture between Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD), a leading high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies company, and ConsenSys, the leading blockchain software development and product company. Our team has 100+ years of global experience in Semiconductors, Data Centers, Blockchain, Crypto, Cloud and AI. Do you want to be part of building the future of Web3? If so, we are excited to welcome your application!
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.