Senior Unity Engineer/ Expert
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.About the role
As a Unity Engineering/ Expert, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical aspects of our games. This will involve collaborating with a team of engineers to design and implement game features, improve gameplay mechanics, optimize performance, and troubleshoot any technical issues. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creative process by providing input on game design and mechanics.
In addition to your technical skills, we value individuals who are team players, open-minded and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As part of the Sky Mavis team, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and be part of a company that is shaping the future of gaming.Responsibilities
- Design and code fascinating features such as our mobile application with real-time Axie battles, adventure mode, and mini-games.
- Polishing and optimizing our products with strong attention to detail and aesthetic sense.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to implement technical aspects of game development.
- Participate in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release.
- Optimize game performance and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Balance the technical and product roadmaps within the team.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest gaming industry trends and technologies.
- Conduct research and experiments to improve game mechanics and user experience.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant industries.
- Strong proficiency in C++ and/or C# programming languages.
- Solid understanding of game development principles and methodologies.
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, etc.
- Familiarity with multiplayer game development and networking.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Passion for gaming and staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work.
- Experience with AAA game development is a big plus.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology is a plus.
A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species.A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions.
Give you freedom & ownership of your work.
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve