Senior Back End Engineer, Mavis Platform
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
The Platform team is responsible for providing shared tools and capabilities to support software developers and others, enabling faster delivery of applications and increased business value. They work closely with complex infrastructure and user groups to prioritize their needs and build a platform that is valuable to the target audience. The team also focuses on creating reusable tools and capabilities to improve developer productivity and enhance the end-user experience.
- Standardize process and building framework, reusable code libraries.
- Regularly inspect server code for speed optimization.
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage.
- Improve the quality of the team’s code through writing unit tests and automation.
- Collaborate and work closely with the product and design team to understand better the end-user requirements.
- Configure the backend usability of all front-side applications.
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering/ Information Technology, or experience in related fields.
- Having experience implementing reusable tools and self-service capabilities with automated infrastructure operations, improving the developer experience and productivity.
- Diverse background with intensive coding experience.
- Have experience working with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), be used to setting up automation pipelines (CI/CD, Jenkins), and am comfortable working with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP), etc.
- Know how to set up an effective communication process and teamwork, particularly the ability to adapt and work with the team.
- Strong problem-solving, time management, and project management skills to allocate personnel and resources for projects.
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of database systems: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Strong with API design.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge.
- Familiar with agile software development and engineering culture.
- Be an innovator and raise your voice to contribute to the development of the team.
- You're a team player and can work closely with the rest of our team.
- You learn quickly and adapt to new principles and ideas.
- High responsibility and diligence.
- Thinking about scalability and security.