Head of People
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
We seek an experienced and talented Head of People to join and lead our People Team. Our Head of People will be instrumental in building and shaping the organization’s DNA and innovating it for our Web3 workforce. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity and high-visibility role to design a progressive HR strategy to recruit, grow, and retain top global talent and build an attractive and admired workplace culture. If you’ve been wanting to make a mark in the HR industry in a cutting-edge sector, this is your calling.
In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of HR initiatives that support the company’s global business strategy and foster a positive and inclusive workplace environment. This senior-level position will report to the CEO and requires a proven leader with demonstrated success in building and scaling a company’s HR function.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive HR strategy that supports the company’s overall business objectives and meets the needs of a diverse and globally dispersed workforce.
- Build a world class hiring machine to find, attract, select, and close top talent.
- Design and build a company level onboarding program to quickly help new hires succeed.
- Design a thoughtful performance evaluation system that identifies and rewards the top performers while helping employees meet their career development objective.
- Oversee other employee focused initiatives like employee engagement, wellbeing, etc.
- Design and administer compensation and benefits programs, including token allocations, that are competitive and aligned with the company’s overall business strategy.
- Build a culture where the behaviors of employees match the company’s aspirational values.
- Manage HR related budgets, workforce planning, payroll and benefits administration.
- Build and lead the People team to identify and align around business outcomes, upleveling the entire team to develop towards trusted advisors by leaders in the business.
- Help manage compliance with regulatory and labor laws.
- Must reside or relocate to headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in human resource management, including experience in leading HRBP teams or in a director and above capacity in a sub-people function (organization development, talent acquisition) at a leading tech organization.
- Proven track record in building a successful hiring machine.
- Demonstrated results of large scale change management, across every level of the organization.
- A data-driven HR leader with strong proficiency in setting, tracking, and executing on HR metrics across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Ability to coach young leaders.
- Strong knowledge of global employment laws and best practices in human resources management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Comfort in working with ambiguity, proactively looking for opportunities to improve the way we do work, in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven self-starter who holds a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do the work alongside their team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Even Better If
- You have experience at a top or venture-capital backed tech, gaming and/or web3 organization.
- You have experience and knowledge in both US and European labor laws.
- You are SHRM Certified.
- Master’s in organizational psychology, organization development, or industrial psychology.
- You are certified in executive coaching from a reputable institution with demonstrated results.
- You can read, write, and speak fluent Vietnamese.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Something looks off?