As a QA Engineer at Relay, you will be responsible for developing and executing test plans for the products we are building on our next generation payments network. You will work closely with high caliber product managers, designers, and engineers to understand our product features, use cases, and quality requirements. You will be responsible for making sure that our end products meet our high quality standard such that they are functionally correct, user friendly, and free of regressions. You'll lead design and implementation of testing for systems used by multiple teams while shaping broad testing processes and architecture and supporting delivery from QA members across the organization.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
What Makes a Great Fit
- 7+ years of QA experience including being able to identify and propose strategies around testing problems affecting a department, communicating standards and getting buy-in on solutions
- Strong analytical skills - able to work with stakeholders to extra pertinent information to build a risk based test strategy
- Capable of communicating effectively within and outside the QA organization and make others better through documentation and mentoring
- Actively work to refine their teams approach to security, reliability, privacy and compliance while completing tasks with minimal guidance
- Ability to propose projects and win buy-in from stakeholders to support those projects
- Proactively give timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers while also acting as a role model and mentor to every member of the department
Systems and Frameworks
As part of this role, you will be working with several systems and frameworks at Relay. While it is not necessary to have experience in all of these areas, we are looking for engineers who have deep experience in at least one and familiarity with the rest:
- API testing tools (e.g. Postman)
- UI testing frameworks (e.g. Cypress, Playwright)
- Unit/Functional testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Enzyme, pytest, rspec, golang testing package)
- Mocking frameworks (e.g. Jest, Enzyme, FactoryBot, gomock)
- Business Driven Development frameworks (e.g. gherkin)
- Dependency Injection (e.g. Wire, Dig)
- Continuous Deployment and feature flagging (e.g. LaunchDarkly)
GoLang, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, React, React Native, git
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join one of Atlanta’s best-funded, most well-positioned fintech start-ups.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We invest in your future with our 401K match program and personal/professional development funds.
- Do what’s best for your mental, physical and emotional health with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.