Lead Product Marketer - MetaMask for Developers
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The Marketing team at Consensys is a creative engine moving the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prides ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
About the role
MetaMask is the gateway to the decentralized web for millions of active users. It is your sovereign digital identity, wallet and authority wrapped up in one and the simplest way to interact with web3 dapps.
We are building out the MetaMask Developer Platform to help developers build impactful dapps with our suite of Developer APIs and create differentiated and wallet-connected experiences for MetaMask users with our SDK and custom extensions, called Snaps.
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Product Marketer to join our team and help drive the development and adoption of the MetaMask Developer Platform. As the Lead Product Marketer, you will work closely with engineering teams to set product positioning and strategy, define and direct our developer go-to-market, drive product launches and shape the perception of MetaMask as not only the world’s most trusted wallet, but also a powerful platform for building web3 applications.
You will lead the execution of our Developer GTM with counterparts across Product, Creative and Design, Growth, Developer Relations and Customer Success teams. Execution will span owned, earned and community channels, paid and performance media, 3rd party events, and technical skilling.
If you’re excited by the prospect of defining how MetaMask can empower developers and driving adoption MetaMask’s developer offerings and extending the reach of MetaMask into the next generation of web3 dapps, we’d like to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
Product positioning and strategy:
- Define the long-term vision and strategy for our MetaMask Developer platform in conjunction with senior product leadership based on a deep understanding of developer needs, market and user research and trends, competitive landscape, and Consensys’ business goals and strategy.
- Define and communicate the value proposition our core developer offerings (SDK, Developer APIs, Snaps) and their role in the broader developer platform
- Help steer product roadmap based on customer, market, and competitive insights; and own the public-facing roadmap.
- Partner with Brand, Creative and Communications teams to land product-centric value propositions and messaging on external channels
- Own the GTM strategy for our evolving set of platform offerings, mapping out core developer persona and journeys, developing messaging & positioning, use cases, competitive intelligence, and launch strategy.
- Support pricing & packaging decisions for new products
Product disclosure and launch:
- Own release marketing from end to end — define streamlined release marketing process, leading strategic planning and execution of product launches and/or product-focused events in a way that maximizes market impact and adoption, and analyzing launch performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to deeply understand new features and updates, translating technical details into clear and compelling marketing messages
- Lead the execution of priority GTM campaigns, scaling impact through supporting teams across Product, Creative, Growth, Communications, Web and Developer Relations.
- Manage the MetaMask Developer Marketing budget for execution across channels.
- Partner with Growth and Developer Relations team to design and measure full-funnel marketing initiatives as the subject matter expert for developer products, from awareness and acquisition to retention and community advocacy.
- Work with Business Development and Partner marketing on campaigns, partnerships and activations that amplify our reach and increase trial and adoption.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Proven experience in senior-level product marketing roles, with a track record of success developing and executing go-to-market strategies and product launches.
- 6+ years in technical product marketing product management roles, with a deep understanding of the motivations and needs of developer audiences.
- Relevant experience driving adoption and engagement for APIs and/or SDKs is a plus.
Ability to aggressively prioritize the few things that have the biggest impact.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD130,000 - 198,000
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.io/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.