Technical Program Manager
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About the MetaMask DevEx team:
Empowering developers to deliver great decentralized user experiences is at the heart of MetaMask’s purpose. From the beginning, we have done so by providing the web with an API that allows any developer to turn their site or web-app into a decentralized app connected to the blockchain.
The MetaMask Developer Experience team helps developers build dapps to do things like: propose transactions to users, propose to users that they approve an address to transfer their tokens (this is how uniswap works), access the address of the users current account, use keys in MetaMask to help users encrypt and decrypt messages, propose to users that they sign specific messages, access the connected node/provider and call all methods on the Ethereum RPC API, and to propose that users add and switch to a specific network.
To get a fuller picture of the current capabilities, you can check out our documentation site.
About the MetaMask Snaps team:
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask's evolution. Currently available via MetaMask Flask, our developer preview build, it allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a collaborative and supportive Technical Program Manager to be part of the MetaMask DevEx & Snaps product teams and support building functionality as part of executing both teams’ roadmaps. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that our teams perform as effectively as possible, and in service to our mission and values.
Responsibilities will include
- Help ensure that we ship at a healthy cadence.
- Manage planning long-term, multi-phase programs accounting for aspects of development, release, and maintenance.
- Execute against short- and mid-term goals with a high degree of autonomy.
- Manage project operational aspects, scope, change management, and track scheduled progress through the appropriate metrics to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Support and collaborate closely with Snaps & DevEx product team managers (Product Manager, Engineering Manager, Tech Lead) in defining timelines and prioritizations.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead their implementation to improve development velocity, team member happiness, and product quality for end users.
- Advocate for our Engineers and Designers, involving them in decisions when appropriate while shielding them from distractions.
- Facilitate trusting relationships and transparent communication between the product teams and stakeholders within MetaMask and ConsenSys.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Working experience as a senior developer, or 5+ years of experience working directly with developers as a senior product manager or senior technical project manager in the technology field.
- Deep working Agile experience with a proven track record of adapting project management frameworks to meet where the team is at.
- Adaptable to meet team members where they are at.
- Strong change management and process improvement mindset.
- Comfortable and flexible working with ambiguity at process and organizational levels.
- Courageous in proactively identifying and removing blockers for the teams, taking ownership of the resolution or influencing others to help resolve, with alignment from the product teams’ managers.
- Strong organization skills and an ability to gather requirements, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Extensive experience leading, coordinating, and facilitating software teams and sprints.
- Comfortable with product ownership and decision-making, in collaboration with DevEx and Snaps product teams’ managers.
- Understands software development life cycle best practices.
- Comfortable with using Github.
- Familiar with blockchain products, and an eagerness to learn more.
Nice to have
- Working experience in web3 development (developed dapps, coded in Solidity, etc)
- Familiar working level with Zenhub or JIRA
- You’re a practicing Scrum Master and Project Manager for the last 3+ years
- You’re a certified Agile practitioner (e.g. CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP, etc)
- You’re a certified PMP
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$103,000-$194,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.