Community Support Manager
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Customer Success
The Customer Success team in ConsenSys is focused on exactly that: making our customers successful. The team is designed to complement ConsenSys products by creating a holistic well-rounded experience for our customers and users.
We focus on 3 areas:
Customer experience - Ensuring that our customers and users are engaged, and satisfied with ConsenSys products and services.
Brand protection - Maintaining and elevating the ConsenSys brand and overall reputation through our customers and users, and their feedback
Continuous improvement - Learning and adapting to the customers' needs and providing feedback to the products allows ConsenSys to maximize its market potential and be a better fit for a wider audience
What you’ll do
We're seeking a dedicated and experienced Community Support Manager with development skills to join our team. This individual will be instrumental in implementing and effective community support strategy for our developer-focused product suite, ensuring that our customers receive timely and accurate assistance. They will be responsible for actively engaging with our developer community, assisting them in troubleshooting and deciphering code, monitoring community interactions, and fostering a positive and inclusive environment.
- Implement effective community support strategies to ensure members receive timely and accurate assistance through various channels, including Discord, community forums, social media, and more.
- Actively engage with community members, addressing their questions, concerns, and feedback, and using this information to improve the product and support services.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as product development, marketing, and sales, to ensure community feedback is considered in decision-making processes and that support services align with the organization's overall goals.
- Create and maintain support resources, such as FAQs, knowledge bases, and tutorials, to empower community members to find answers independently.
- Foster a positive community culture by promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment, encouraging members to support one another and share their experiences.
- Monitor community interactions to ensure compliance with platform policies and guidelines, taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Escalate any issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Must have experience in supporting and troubleshooting web applications, JSON and Rest APIs
- Prefer work experience as a community support moderator or a similar role.
- Experience with social media engagement, management, and platforms such as Discord and Twitter.
- Excellent English language skills
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support or customer service role, preferably within the blockchain or cryptocurrency industry.
- Understanding of Ethereum, web3 development, and the blockchain ecosystem from development perspectives
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, including active listening, conflict resolution, and customer empathy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- A customer-centric mindset and a passion for providing exceptional support
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.