Senior Software Developer - React
Horizon Blockchain Games
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
At Horizon, we make web3 easy, fun, and accessible for users and builders.
We have two amazing products to achieve our mission:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence is poised to accelerate web3 content creation and drive adoption on a massive scale. And, Skyweaver—named 2022’s best blockchain game—is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; gaming and tech industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies.
You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
Learn more at https://horizon.io/
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer with React.js experience.
Our culture values craftsmanship: As a senior developer, you’ll be architecting, building, and maintaining our React codebase. You choose designs that are corrrect, and not just expedient. While we embrace the hacker ethos, we aim to build scalable, cleanly written code that's extensible, and easy-to-read for others. You take pride in your craft.
A self-driven and open-minded developer committed to continued growth will thrive best in this role. While our team is small, you’ll work alongside some of the best engineers, open source contributors, and as part of a company dedicated to your success. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity to make a massive impact.
- Architect, build, and maintain the Skyweaver and Sequence React codebase
- Design architectural foundations that are robust and sound, so that future engineers can build on your work with ease and speed
- Evolve our toolchain and build process as needed to move quickly, and effectively
- Work closely with our design, engineering, and product teams, to plan and execute on our product roadmap
- Write unit & integration tests
What You Bring
- At least 4+ years of professional experience working with React.js & Typescript
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to work through new and difficult React issues and contribute to libraries as needed
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React applications
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, for effective written and verbal communication
- A passion for software development and a commitment to continued learning and growth
- Collaborative and open-minded
- A passion for web3 is an asset
- A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
-Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
-Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
-New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
-Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
-We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
-We invest in everyone’s personal development
-Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths.
While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.