Operational Risk Management Analyst
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
At Cboe Europe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Do you think this is the place for you? Then join us!
The Risk Management team is hiring for a Operational Risk Management Analyst.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Operational Risk Analyst to join our growing Risk Management team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in our organization's risk management efforts and serve as an important member of Cboe's second line of defence.
As an Operational Risk Analyst, you will be responsible for aiding in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating operational risks that may impact the organization. You will work closely with project managers, business units, and other risk management and internal audit teams to ensure that risks are properly identified, assessed, and managed.
In 2024, this role will have a significant focus on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) third party risk management enhancements and oversight.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Enhance Cboe's ICT third party risk management processes and conduct ICT Vendor reviews
- Aiding the business in carrying out regular control self-assessments, to identify/evaluate operational risks linked to controls and recommend improvements as necessary
- Collaborate with project managers to provide risk management oversight for projects and ensure risks are properly identified, assessed, and managed
- Provide advice/challenge related to any operational key business process (e.g.: business continuity management strategy, operational resiliency, quarterly business review, incident management and etc)
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on the status of risk management efforts and initiatives
- Facilitate adherence to internal policies/procedures
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, regulations, and best practices in operational risk management and incorporate this knowledge into the organisation's risk management framework
- Collaborate with other risk management and internal audit teams to ensure a comprehensive and integrated approach to risk management
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as risk management, finance, business administration, or a related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience in operational risk management or a related field, with knowledge of the following topics;
- Vendor Management
- IT or Operational Risk Management.
- Risk and/or Control Assessments.
- Familiarity with risk frameworks and applicable regulation e.g. MiFID II, UK Operational Resilience and/or Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA)
- Strong analytical skills and experience in conducting control self-assessments and risk assessments
- Knowledge of project management principles and experience providing risk management oversight for projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate risk management concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong ethical values and ability to be a team player
You’ll really stand out with:
- Vendor Management Experience
- Risk and Control Self Assessment Experience
- Relevant experience with GRC tooling
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for employees and their families which includes dental cover (taxable benefit)
- Cboe pays for employee access to a private GP service (face to face or phone call consultations) to make it easy and convenient for you to see a doctor
- Life and long term illness insurance for stability and peace of mind
- EAP - This service intends to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This service includes short- term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
- Enhanced paid parental and adoption leave to support parents
- Cboe offers pensions contribution up to 7% of base salary. You don’t have to contribute yourself.
- ClassPass Corporate Membership which provides access to on-demand classes, livestream classes, in-person classes and wellness sessions across different fitness genres. (taxable benefit)
- 25 days holiday per year per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks in any Cboe office
- Paid tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.