Specialist, Trade Desk
The Trade Desk Specialist is both a technical and an operational role, requiring direct hands-on interaction with trading systems as well as administrative and operational tasks. The role is served by experienced financial technologists with responsibilities that include providing customer support and production level operational oversight of one or more real-time low latency Cboe Australia equity trading platform.
This role is responsible for providing first class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring systems and ensuring systems maintain a healthy state and troubleshooting when they are not and provide reporting and business analysis. Trade Desk Specialists will often act as a liaison between different stakeholders including global and regional securities and buy side firms, vendors, other exchange operators, along with internal business and technology teams. A Trade Desk Specialist must be able to work independently with little to no direct supervision in performing their duties.
- Participate in the day to day monitoring and running of the Cboe Australia Trading Platform
- Provide prompt actions to market events and client requests
- Analyse client requests and articulate resultant tasks to teams within Cboe Australia
- Understand Cboe Australia trading attributes and interfaces and help educate such concepts to the client base and colleagues.
Frequent requirement to take ownership of projects through to conclusion, displaying a ‘self-starter’ initiative. This will primarily involve identifying process improvement opportunities and then taking ownership to implement them including any technical solution.
Client and Stakeholders Management
Liaison with on-boarding, connectivity and trading issues with current and potential participants, market makers and vendors. In particular, be a conduit with key service providers managing the technical aspects of service delivery from:
- Index providers
- Market Data Vendors
- Technology vendors (Data Centre, Network/Telco Carriers)
Work with Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Counsel as required, especially in regard to business issues with ASIC and other regulatory and industry bodies. Examples would include:
- discussion of Cboe Australia Rules & Procedures with Issuers, Market Makers and Participants
- market or trading anomalies
Sales, Marketing and Product
Work with Sales, Market Data and Product as required to discuss client challenges, new product proposals and analysis requirements.
Analysis and Reporting
- Financial modelling, statistical and numerical skills and experience will be required
- Design and development of ad-hoc reporting on the Cboe Australia market for both clients and internal audiences
- Ad-hoc requests which require data gathering, analysing, summarising and interpretation
- UNIX Shell
- SQL Queries
- Data Analysis
- Advanced Excel
- Financial Services (Capital Markets experience desirable)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualified and/or other related industry qualifications
- Experience with Financial Markets Protocols (FIX, OUCH) - (desirable)
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.