Engineer - Data Center
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
At Cboe Europe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The DCOP’s team is hiring for Data Center Engineer.
The Data Center Engineer at Cboe will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and support of all the Production/Cert/DR equipment and data network devices in the Cboe colocation data centers and at times offices. They operate in tight spaces, run cables, and spend most of their time in the data centers nightly performing MAC (Moves/Add/Changes) work as well as small and large company objective data center projects. They help to make sure the data center’s cooling is correct and within contracted SLA, they carefully examine power sources and heating and cooling controls as well as troubleshoot and repair servers/network hardware and storage devices. The data center engineers install and arrange new equipment inside the data centers including (servers/network switches/routers/FW’s and storage devices).
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- DC operations, equipment installations and other changes.
- Hardware maintenance swap out and work with vendors to replace faulty components.
- Support Network and Systems and NOC engineers with DC work as needed.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Work with other engineers and on delivering various projects to the Cboe standard.
- Help managed and plan DC based projects as required.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5-7 years of experience
- Analytical problem solver, plans and prioritizes to work efficiently.
- Self-starter, able to take on projects, plan and manage time, delivery and expectations.
- Able to work out of hours and in some case on weekends as needed.
- Flexibility and willingness with regards to travel when needed for support to other regional DC’s.
- Knowledge of change control systems and related working restrictions.
You’ll really stand out with:
- Strong familiarity with fiber/copper based cabling standards and installations.
- Extensive fiber/copper testing skills with industry standard testers with the ability to process the results.
- Experience doing data center work, equipment and cabling installations.
- Experience doing server configuration via ILO/iDRAC or similar.
- Good working knowledge of Linux & Windows operating systems and using troubleshooting tools.
- Good working knowledge of network equipment and basic configurations to be used during troubleshooting.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for employees and their families which includes dental cover (taxable benefit)
- Cboe pays for employee access to a private GP service (face to face or phone call consultations) to make it easy and convenient for you to see a doctor
- Life and long term illness insurance for stability and peace of mind
- EAP - This service intends to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This service includes short- term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
- Enhanced paid parental and adoption leave to support parents
- Cboe offers pensions contribution up to 7% of base salary. You don’t have to contribute yourself.
- ClassPass Corporate Membership which provides access to on-demand classes, livestream classes, in-person classes and wellness sessions across different fitness genres. (taxable benefit)
- 25 days holiday per year per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- This position requires 100% In-Office
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks in any Cboe office
- Paid tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
More About Cboe Europe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age and disability
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.