Trade Desk Associate - Flex Hybrid in Lenexa, KS
Building trusted markets — powered by our people.
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Trade Desk Associate is an entry level role with responsibilities that include providing customer support and production level operational oversight of one or more real-time low latency Cboe exchange trading platforms (e.g., BYX, BZX, C1, C2, CFE, EDGA, EDGX, BXE, CXE, DXE, MATCHNOW, …) covering one or more asset classes (e.g. equities, options). This role is responsible for providing first level world class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring systems, and ensuring systems maintain a healthy state and troubleshooting when they are not. Trade Desk Associates will often act as a liaison between different stakeholders including global and regional banks, buy side firms, corporates, prime brokers, and vendors along with internal business and technology teams. A Trade Desk Associate will often require supervisory support and/or support from their peers in conducting their day-to-day responsibilities.
- With supervision, provide customers and sales support and training related to platform behavior, order processing behavior, market structure, and feature/functions
- With supervision, perform daily system checks and periodically review audit logs to verify system changes; monitor active production, disaster recovery, and certification/test environment systems and ensure Cboe platforms and systems are operating as expected; take direct action to resolve known issues; and provide customers, regulators, and the business with live updates related to systems and trading issues.
- Onboard new clients, establish client access to platforms, provision new services, assist customers with establishing default settings (e.g. order entry, routing, entitlements, risk management) based on their usage of a given Cboe platform, and conduct API certification testing and support
- Provide exchange platform support including equity listing process management; service cancel order requests; conduct clearly erroneous and obvious error trade reviews; support voluntary price adjustments; service clearing support requests; declare Self Help on away exchanges when warranted; execute real-time order routing changes; conduct futures settlement price verifications; service and support block trade and ECRPs; and monitor auctions/rotations.
- Perform analytical functions to troubleshoot and explain complex technical and/or trading issues and resolve customer issues for Cboe trading systems and other platforms related to Cboe’s Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).E.g. market data, order entry, web service APIs.
- Test changes to systems and platform functionality prior to deployment and work with software engineering team to resolve systemic issues that are identified.Participate in internal and industry-wide weekend testing as needed.
High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical or Vocational School
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Financial Services, Communications, or a related discipline.
Certifications and/or Licenses (US):
FINRA Security Industry Essentials Examination (SIE) and Series 57 licenses or ability to obtain within first 8 months of service required.
Area of Expertise and/or skill: A securities related or technical support position.
Number of Years: 2
Area of Expertise and/or skill: UNIX Shell
Area of Expertise and/or skill: SQL
Number of Years: N/A, but some expertise preferred.
Area of Expertise and/or skill: Agile Development Methodology
Number of Years: N/A, but some expertise preferred.
See Education/Experience/Training/Skills. Either a B.S. OR the noted amount of work experience in the noted skills are required for this role.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our employees’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
More About Cboe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.