Software Engineer in Test, Regulatory Technology (Flex Hybrid)
Software Engineer in Test – Regulatory Technology
Location: Can be located in Chicago or Lenexa, KS (flex hybrid)
Cboe is one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies, offering cutting-edge trading and investment solutions to investors around the world.
What We Do
The regulatory technology team develops technology solutions to surveil 10 different equities, options and futures trading venues across US, and Europe.
Our Software Engineers design, develop, deploy, and support market surveillance systems. We process data from 10 equities, options and futures market exchange platforms across the US, Europe, and are growing across other regions and market venues around the globe. We architect systems that can analyze billions of events per day. We optimize for increases in data volumes. We strive to create insights and data that provides actionable intelligence to our analysts to ensure fair, orderly and complaint operation of all our markets. We are analytical thinkers; we are humble and always striving to learn something new.
The Software Engineer in Test, Regulatory Technology will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our market surveillance systems through the design, implementation, and execution of comprehensive testing strategies. You will collaborate with developers, surveillance analysts and project managers to design testing strategy, develop test plans and implement automated and manual testing.
- Collaborate with developers and analysts to understand requirements and design effective test strategies.
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using our custom system testing framework in python.
- Identify and automate test cases for unit testing, acceptance testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Enhance automation framework as needed to improve the level of automation.
- Conduct thorough manual testing, when necessary, explore corner cases and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Document and report defects in Jira following the defect tracking process.
- Support the creation of testing efficiency and effectiveness metrics.
- Collaborate with developers and analysts to ensure timely resolution of defects.
- Work closely with developers to understand the architecture and design of software components for effective testing.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives, suggesting and implementing best practices for quality assurance.
- Maintain clear and current technical documentation supporting the software, testing artifacts and processes developed by you or your team.
- Two years of professional backend software testing experience (both automated and manual testing).
- One year of experience testing big data systems.
- At least one year of programming experience using Python programming language.
- One year of hands-on experience with popular testing automation frameworks for python such as PyTest or similar frameworks.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX-like operating systems.
- Experience using BDD, ATDD and TDD processes for software development is highly desired.
- Exchange technology or market regulatory technology experience will be a huge plus.
- Financial services industry experience will be a plus.
- Experience with SMARTS and Alice programming language will be a plus.
- Experience with Scala programming will be a plus.
- Experience deploying and running software in AWS environment will be a plus.
- Experience with deploying, running, and testing software on Apache Spark, AWS EMR will be a plus.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.