Software Engineer - Data Pipeline Engineering
Cboe is one of the largest exchange operators in the world and the mission of our technology team is to disrupt the status quo with a relentless focus on innovation that transforms new ideas into realities.
Our Software Engineers work on high-performance, reliable systems which runs our global exchanges. Our Data Pipeline Software Engineers design, develop, deploy, and support data engineering systems. We support equities market exchange trading platforms in Australia and Japan and collaborate with similar teams in the US and EU regions.
We architect systems that can deal with billions of events per day. We store every order, cancel, and execution with care. We optimize for increases in data volumes. We live and breathe automation and maintain 99.99% systems reliability.
We are analytical thinkers and are always learning our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We are pragmatic. We ship code weekly. We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
This role will help lead our Postgres data engineering practices supporting critical operational database management, monitoring, replication, resiliency, scalability and performance across our APAC exchange platforms and collaborate globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and adopt Cboe Software Engineering practices
- Gain knowledge in one area of the system
- Assist in troubleshooting of production issues
- Work with geographically distributed teams
- Seek continuous learning
- Provide guidance & mentorship to more junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Min 3 years of development experience with Python or experience in another language with familiarity / a strong desire to learn Python.
- Experience managing relational databases and Postgres required.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX-like systems and knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with AWS cloud-based services and Snowflake data platform desired.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.