Senior Quantitative Analyst, Index Operation (Flex Hybrid/Remote)
Summary: Senior Quantitative Analyst, Index Operations position sits within the Cboe Global Index (CGI) Operations team. In this role, the Index Operations Analyst will support the day-to-day maintenance of the Cboe US Indices on a real time and end of day calculation, as well as the monitoring of index delivery and distribution in a timely and accurate manner. The team is responsible for data administration/QA, product sales support, product research and change-management activities for its U.S. Index business. The role will be primarily focused on derivatives-based strategies This role will perform activities related to full operational support for daily index maintenance. The position will report to Manager of U.S. Index Operations.
Location: Can be hybrid based out of our Chicago, Kansas City, NYC locations OR 100% remote in the USA.
- Day-to-day responsibility for the smooth operation of U.S. Derivatives-based Index calculation and dissemination
- Timely resolution of issues in co-ordination with relevant third parties and internal Cboe departments
- Perform periodic rebalances of Cboe US Indices in accordance with relevant timetables and provide client support related to rebalance events.
- Develop processes and tooling for validation of daily index data.
- Present ideas to automate and streamline index operation processes.
- Work collaboratively with other Cboe departments, third parties and vendors on new index launches and enhancements.
- Work directly with index product partners
- Client Support e.g., on-boarding and query handling
- Maintain and support detailed written standard operating procedures for daily processes.
- Record and maintain data for Key Performance Indicators, alerts and validation monitoring for potential errors in index calculations and dissemination.
- Participate in technical and methodological change-management processes related to index calculation and distribution.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- 2-4 years financial markets experience in a related capacity
- Derivatives experience a plus
- Strong quantitative and programming skills; ability to perform data and complex statistical analysis.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated professional experience in R, Python, and/or other object-oriented programming language. Experience with REST APIs is a plus.
- Proficiency in solving complex programming problems and “de-bugging”.
- Experience utilizing large datasets to create complex models and dashboards.
- Ability to interpret and apply mathematical index methodologies to real-world situations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; solid writing skills is a must.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, requiring minimal direction and follow-up.
- Experience with MS-Office, particularly advanced skills with MS-Excel
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.