Director, Global Incident Management - Flexible Hybrid (Lenexa, KS or Chicago, IL)
Building trusted markets — powered by our people.
At Cboe Global Markets, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Cboe is seeking an experienced, tech-savvy people leader who thrives on context switching in a fast-paced, multi-faceted technical environment. The Director of Incident Management will have accountability for and provide oversight of Cboe’s global incident management process in support of Cboe’s Technology and Operations teams. World class communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are a must to lead our global technical/operational incident response efforts. If you can bring all this with a humble attitude, a hunger to grow and achieve, and a team player mindset, then this role might be right for you.
- Directly managing or indirectly coordinating with incident management personnel and supporting staff to ensure application of a globally consistent and locally optimized incident management approach.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for Cboe's incident management processes, and developing incident management training and job aids.
- Collaborating closely with other Cboe associates globally to ensure effective incident response documentation and procedures are maintained in alignment with applicable local regulations.
- Overseeing incident management related tooling, including working with engineering and other teams to identify and address tooling issues, identify potential tooling enhancements and efficiencies, and drive possible efficiencies.
- Representing Cboe incident management to internal leadership as well as to external parties, including regulatory authorities, and supporting audits and reviews of the incident management process.
- Performing the role of a local incident manager, including leading regular and ad hoc incident management meetings with Technology, Operations, and Compliance staff, actively engaging in incident calls, creating, maintaining, and monitoring incident records, and drafting incident management-related communications.
- Conducting Learning Reviews (post-mortem meetings, following up on takeaways, and driving action items to closure.
The ideal candidate has:
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred).
- Solid experience in an Incident management, technical project management, and/or technical operations role.
- Familiarity with the Finance/Securities space.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work assignments; complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality; adjust to changes in priorities and situations; complete work under pressure; meet deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Opsgenie configuration and management.
- Desire to increase securities market expertise and to become proficient with Cboe Technology.
- Ability to work well on an international team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; use professional grammar and word choice; listen to others and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Note: This is not a cybersecurity role
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Delete if not applicable: Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our employees’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $144,000-$237,600. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
More About Cboe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.