Senior Director - Software Engineering - Real-Time Trading Analytics and Risk Management (.NET) - Remote
Building trusted markets — powered by our people.
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Software Engineering team is hiring for a Sr Director, Software Engineering.
The Sr Director of Software Engineering at Cboe for our Real-Time Trading, Analytics and Risk management Team (Cboe Silexx) will lead with both expertise and inspiration, fostering an environment where complex problem-solving and creative engineering flourish. You'll be:
- Crafting Technical Strategies: Develop and communicate a clear vision of our technical future, ensuring alignment with business goals and market trends
- Leading by Example: Demonstrate your deep understanding of C#, .NET, and a range of programming languages as well as financial technology solutions. Your hands-on approach will inspire your team as they develop cutting edge solutions in the domains of real-time trading, analytics and risk management.
- Mentoring and Managing: Elevate your team through coaching, professional development, and leading by example in software craftsmanship.
- Driving Innovation: Encourage a culture of innovation that balances cutting-edge development with practical, scalable solutions.
- Enhancing Systems and Workflows: Oversee the design and optimization of systems for reliability, performance, and user experience.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Work closely with cross-functional teams to refine engineering processes, aligning them with business requirements and technical vision.
- Technical Decision Making: Provide critical input in architecture, project planning, and business requirements analysis.
- Hands-On Involvement: Stay engaged with the code and systems, maintaining an intimate understanding of the technologies we use and develop.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Guide architectural decisions and technical roadmap planning.
- Play a pivotal role in project planning, scheduling, and requirement analysis.
- Write and review high-quality, testable code, focusing on performance and scalability.
- Ensure system availability, resilience, and maintainability.
- Drive the refinement of engineering processes and practices.
- Lead the hiring and training process for new team members, setting the standard for technical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in a leadership role within software engineering, ideally in financial technology or similar high-stakes, high-volume environments.
- A deep understanding of financial technology solutions, ideally in the areas of order and execution management solutions OMS/EMS
- A track record of successful technical strategy development and execution.
- Strong management and coaching skills, with experience in mentoring senior engineers and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
- Experience with real-time trading systems and a solid understanding of financial market dynamics.
- A STEM background, coupled with a passion for financial markets and an appetite for tackling complex, distributed systems.
- Bachelors Degree + 12+ years of experience. Or an advanced degree + 8+ years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both in distilling complex concepts and in collaborative project management.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our employees’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $200,000-$330,000. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
More About Cboe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.