Linux Engineer - remote or flexible hybrid (Chicago, IL or Lenexa, KS)
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
PLEASE NOTE: Selected candidate needs to have the ability to work an offset work week: Tuesday - Saturday.
Cboe is one of the World’s largest Exchange operators. The Linux Systems team is responsible for building and maintaining the servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all trading environments. We are a global team of dedicated and focused engineers looking to add to our ranks. As a member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware, build in house automation and monitoring tools, leverage Open Source projects, and make meaningful contributions to the company. Cboe offers a hybrid work policy which allows you to choose when to work from an office or from your home. When in the office there are other great benefits such as a relaxed dress code, on site gym, catered lunches, and more!
- Ensure all systems are healthy ahead of the next trading day.
- Represent the Linux Systems team and take ownership of our portion of large infrastructure projects.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems.
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of servers, multiple sites)
- Deep understanding of the Linux command line (performance, storage, networking, hardware identification)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Exposure to software engineering methodologies (design, testing, version control) and experience in shell and Python.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work an offset workweek: Tue. – Sat.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $92,000-$151,800. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.