Senior Software Engineer, Test (Remote)
Building trusted markets — powered by our people.
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Engineering team is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer, Test.
The Sr. Software Engineer, Test at Cboe will develop, automate and support continuously running tests for our Cboe websites, web-based operational tooling, and client portal applications. Our team combines the best practices of DevOps and QA to enable frequent and fast delivery of high-quality software. We care deeply about system reliability, testability, recoverability, and fault tolerance.
Our QA engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, programming, and software engineering. We are analytical thinkers. We are always developing and improving our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We love automation. We ship code weekly. We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
As a senior member of the Cboe QA development team, you’ll plan and lead testing efforts, review code, and contribute to new tools and testing techniques. You’ll contribute to the design and development of our world-class, home-grown, testing framework. You’ll also work alongside our team of developers contributing tests for our Exchange Platforms. Become familiar with our supported asset classes such as equities, options, and futures. Learn trading concepts and apply this knowledge to develop a wide variety of test scenarios.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work with our production web applications, write test plans and automate code/tests to evaluate and analyze new functionality.
- Develop and improve our proprietary automated test frameworks.
- Drive testing efforts from start to completion in collaboration with the team.
- Work directly with our product owners and other development teams to test and validate new features.
- Identify, report, and drive resolution of bugs in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions.
- Support and mentor junior engineers in the QA team.
The ideal candidate has:
- Development or QA experience with recent and demonstrable experience creating automated test cases and working with test frameworks. Experience with continuous integration systems is a plus.
- Strong experience in object-oriented design and programming techniques. Our preference is someone with Python development experience or working knowledge of other programming languages.
- 5 year experience with web testing technologies using Cypress and Selenium.
- Experience testing data-driven websites.
- Comfortable with working in a Linux/Unix terminal.
- Minimum Years of Work Experience: 5+ years
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
You’ll really stand out with:
- Experience in the financial markets.
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle and QA processes.
- Experience in waterfall and agile environments.
- Experience with MVC web frameworks (Django preferred).
- Familiarity with modern web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- SQL experience (PostgreSQL or other variety).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our employees’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $100,000-$165,000. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
More About Cboe Global Markets
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.