Senior Security Project Manager - flexible hybrid (NYC, Kansas City, Chicago)
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Security Program Manager is a key leadership position reporting to the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for managing security initiatives and reporting on information security program effectiveness. The Security Program Manager will be involved in the coordination of security due diligence processes & full integration of new Mergers & Acquisitions activities and coordinating implementation of new security initiatives. This leader will be expected to understand and anticipate regulatory and technical trends, company capabilities and customer demands, while understanding ongoing information security requirements as well as the regulatory, technical and risk environments. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, a consensus builder, and an integrator of people, processes, and technology. This role requires a strong collaborative leader with an excellent track record of competency in the field of project manager, program management, information security, risk, and compliance with direct global experience in a comparable program leadership role.
- Partners on steering committees and governance groups directing the overall cyber security initiatives of the organization.
- Interfaces with senior technology and business leaders within Cboe Global Markets to foster the execution of cyber security as a business enabler.
- Socializes Cboe Global Markets’ corporate cyber security strategy, ensuring strategic objectives are aligned with business outcomes and regularly reviewed for effectiveness.
- Leads pre-Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) security due diligence activities and post-acquisition security program integration activities.
- Coordinates CISO program execution, timelines, deliverables and information requests across CISO functions and with other IT teams and business functions.
- Provides leadership for assuring process effectiveness, measurement, and optimization of all security controls and demonstrate business value.
- Creates and executes a cyber security outreach and engagement program to ensure all initiatives are completed on-time and within budget.
- Create and maintain reporting presentations for department meetings, board updates, project planning, budget, staffing and risk. Helps review budgetary planning sessions and create presentations.
- 10+ years of general information and cyber security experience
- Previous experience working in a large, global financial services company is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in managing large complex global initiatives with regulatory compliance implications
- Strong familiarity and experience level with Identity and Access Management/Least Privilege concepts and solutions
- Mid to advanced level working knowledge of all information security concepts and best industry practices
- Must be extremely well organized, forward thinking, and able to solve complex problems with little to no guidance from others
- Must have excellent writing, process documentation and project management skills
Desired Education, Certifications and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Network/Security Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS, related field, or extensive relevant work experience
- PMP or PgMP certification preferred
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $124,000-$204,600. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.