Corporate Communications Intern
Who We Are:
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities. Option to work hybrid: in-office and remote.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
Corporate Communications Internship
This is an excellent learning opportunity for an individual interested in a future career in Corporate Communications or Public Relations. In this position you will work with all members of our busy Corporate Communications department, gaining experience in handling day-to-day communications tasks and responsibilities as well as contributing to various strategic PR projects. The position offers the chance to develop interviewing, writing, project management and analytical skills. Working at Cboe also offers an opportunity to learn about the financial sector, trading and options.
- Assist team members with administrative, creative and project support for ongoing initiatives and projects in all areas of communications: press releases, internal content, social media posts, presentations, speeches and memos.
- Independently complete project tasks, provide regular status updates, assist in developing project plans and summaries, and document procedures for work completed.
- Assist team with compilation and dissemination of daily news clips to all staff.
- Assist with media monitoring projects: tracking and analysis coverage of company in news media.
- Pitch ideas, conduct interviews and write for internal news assignments, talking points and blogs.
- Opportunity to pursue multimedia projects, including photographing events, filming live interviews and assisting in live broadcasts from the trading floor.
- Maintain departmental filing in an accurate and timely manner.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates must have proficiency in the following areas:
- Writing skills: create clearly written, organized and engaging content with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation; evaluate documents and proofread/edit for structure, clarity, syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation; AP style a plus.
- Verbal communication skills: organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to groups or individuals, especially senior management; use professional grammar and word choice; listen to others and respond appropriately.
- Professionalism: interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts; use tact and diplomacy; maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate controversial or sensitive information
- Organization skills: organize and prioritize tasks and work assignments; complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality; adjust to changes in priorities and situations; meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail: be thorough and precise when accomplishing a task; double-check accuracy to consistently provide high-quality work with minimal errors
- Analytical skills: evaluate, analyze, and summarize data and facts; establish logical connections; form sound decisions based on analysis
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous work experience in a communications or business environment, especially in administrative or editorial roles
- Experience interviewing and writing in professional or student role
- Experience analyzing data and knowledge of basic to intermediate spreadsheet formulas
- Basic Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of basic HTML and web page design is a plus
- Basic Proficiency in Photoshop is a plus
- Finance experience or interest is a plus
More About Cboe Global Markets
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.