Site Reliability Engineer
• Provide technical support and operational oversight to sustain resiliency and high availability of critical business operations. Monitor Cboe production, disaster recovery, and certification systems for issues. Troubleshoot and drive resolution of issues. Analyze and optimize performance of real-time trading platforms. Investigate software defects. Assist the build team to resolve build/deployment issues.
• Create and improve upon existing reports related to Operations management. Analyze technical data sets (e.g. order entry, market data, matching engine logs) to troubleshoot or explain perceived issues. Execute SQL queries against a database to perform data analysis for customers and associates. Service and support historical data product requests.
• Provide for configuration management of new and existing trading platforms and support implementation of new features and functionality based on new business requirements. Monitor development activities, change management tickets, and evaluate their impact on Cboe Operations. Execute daily change tickets assigned to Site Reliability Engineering in support of updates to production, disaster recovery, and certification systems.
• Support task automation efforts through development, testing and maintenance of Python tools. Manage Cboe operational batch processing.
• Drive capacity planning decisions for Cboe Exchanges and support capacity planning needs of various Cboe business units. Participate in quarterly Capacity Planning meetings with engineering and technical operations management staff.
• Participate in weekend testing (e.g. capacity testing, fail-over, etc.) and provide for 24x7x365 on-call technical support for the Operations team as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical or Vocational School is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Financial Services, Communications, or a related discipline.)
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years’ experience as a system administrator, software developer, or a technical operations support role
- High level of proficiency in Python, SQL and Linux shell scripting
- Linux Systems Administration experience
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Vigorous desire to learn about financial exchanges (options, equities, futures) and Cboe Japan technology
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and evaluate C++ and JAVA (desired)
- Experience with Financial Markets Protocols (FIX, OUCH) – (desired)
- Network Administration experience (desired)
- English a must, Bilingual in Japanese is a plus
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.