Sr Software Quality Engineer
This position is to join the Livevol SQA team within CBOE. You’ll be part of a small team of test engineers dedicated to developing, modifying, enhancing and implementing customized automated testing frameworks and tools. Primary focus will be on creating frameworks from scratch and/or expanding existing automated test case coverage in a continuous integration environment. You’ll be coordinating with developers to produce test frameworks and test coverage for their projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze system requirements to derive effective solutions for effective testing of both software components and integrated systems. Use business and technical development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Collaborate within cross-functional team to develop high efficiency testing script engines, execution frameworks, and verification reporting.
- Independently research and resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team and Systems staff. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodologies to support the needs of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory, Jira, qTest or similar test management software
- Java with experience writing junit or testng test cases
- MySQL, Postgres or Oracle DB
- Network and Messaging protocols
- Web Applications, RESTful Web Services
- Jmeter or similar stress testing applications
- Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of Python or C# a plus
- Use of development process guidelines including Scrum and Kanban
- Deep understanding of core java programming principles, data structures, framework design, and architecture.
- Ability to:
- Create fully automated testcases for projects developed in Java for both Linux and Windows platforms. Some tests may be written and maintained in C++, C#, and Python as well.
- Gather business requirements, translate those requirements into test plans, and create requirements traceability
- Plan/manage/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects; work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals; meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome; allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule; shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities; identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Identify problems and collect relevant information for analysis; apply tools and logic to diagnose and develop theories on possible causes; look for root causes, not just symptoms; use judgment and experience to complement data; develop practical and relevant solutions; seek expertise or escalate problems when appropriate;
- Work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to co-workers; balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in full life cycle software development in a professional environment with focus on QA Automation.
- Experience working in the financial industry preferred.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $104,000-$171,600. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.