Java Developer ( Contractor)
Cboe Clear Europe is a systemically important financial institution, providing post-trade services to stock exchanges, multilateral trading facilities, other equities trading platforms and for OTC equities trades. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service trading platforms and we have clearing participants with headquarters in 14 jurisdictions in Europe, North America and Asia.
Cboe Clear Europe is a relatively small, very dynamic and fast-growing organization. The culture is international and progressive with a focus on collaboration and teamwork. Cboe Clear Europe has been acquired by Cboe Global Markets in July 2020 and together we are shaping our future.
We are building a new clearing platform for Securities Financing Transactions, a new clearing service which will see it’s first phase released in 2024. We have been following a DDD approach to get the solution architecture clarified and now we are at a phase where we’re scaling up delivery to let several teams each own one of the bounded contexts we’ve identified. The services for these will be mainly built with Java/Spring boot and use technologies like Kafka, Postgres and perhaps some React. For now we’ll run it all on-prem but we’re designing it to be cloud-ready to allow for a relatively easy migration in the future.
- With your colleague engineers, build the new clearing platform to enable the SFT Clearing launch in 2024 by delivering high quality software every sprint
- Help the team optimize the way of work to deliver high-quality software at high pace
- Continue to develop your own skills and help others improve theirs
Your knowledge and experience:
- You are a seasoned Java developer, know your way around the Java ecosystem and have plenty of experience troubleshooting complicated applications (e.g. 5+ years of Java exp)
- You have prior experience in a regulated environment such as the financial industry
- You are willing to really become part of our company – we are hiring for an internal position only
- You are a team player, happy to engage in discussions and capable of bringing your opinion across with strong arguments, but can also agree to disagree and commit to group consensus
- You have strong communication skills in English; although mostly located in Amsterdam, our workforce comes from very diverse background so English is our main language
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.