Incident Management Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
Operations – What We Do
Cboe’s Specialized Operations team, comprised of Incident Management, Operations Project Management, and Technical Writing, is a growing team providing critical cross-discipline support for Cboe’s trading platforms globally. Within Specialized Operations, Incident Management is responsible for technical incident response, ensuring incidents across the globe are responded to in a timely and coordinated manner, then investigated, documented, and reported appropriately. Most importantly, Cboe Incident Management cultivates a blameless culture in support of innovative, competitive, and trusted markets.
Where You’ll Fit in
The Specialized Operations Incident Management intern will work closely with the Specialized Operations team, gaining a fundamental understanding of financial exchange technology and market structure. As part of their own career development, they’ll gain industry standard incident management skills, providing related support through investigation, follow up, documentation, record management, reporting, and process improvement. They also may also participate in ongoing Operations Project Management and Technical Writing projects.
What You’ll Do
- Engage in active incident investigations during the actual event and throughout the entire post-event incident lifecycle.
- Participate in blameless culture post-incident learning review meetings, documenting incident details, lessons learned, and action items.
- Regularly collaborate with global Cboe Operations personnel on Incident Management-related duties and follow up items.
- Contribute to the standardization of Cboe’s global Incident Management process, both escalating opportunities for improvement and, where appropriate, implementing those changes.
- As opportunities arise, provide support for ongoing Technical Writing and/or Operations Project Management projects.
What We Want
- An undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Business, Project Management, Technical Communications, Management Information Systems, or related fields, or a technical, communication, or engineering degree with a strong interest in the financial markets.
- Vigorous desire to learn the securities/markets business and Cboe Exchange trading platform technologies.
- Ability to learn new systems, processes, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to readily adapt to frequent changes in technical context and/or task priorities.
- Able to identify related areas for potential improvement and to communicate those areas blamelessly.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, to work well as part of a diverse global team as well as on your own, and to communicate with clarity and brevity both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with complex technical systems, databases, and/or collaboration tools (i.e., Jira or Confluence) preferred.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.