Cyber Threat Management Intern (Year-long Internship)
The Incident Response Intern position is intended to provide exposure to the various functions, tools, and activities focusing on detecting and responding to cyber security incidents. The Incident Response Intern will be tasked with a range of responsibilities that provide real-world, hands-on experience with SIEM, SOAR, EDR, incident triage, and incident response. You will interact with member of the entire Cyber Security Team along with Networking Engineering and Infrastructure teams to triage and solve problems.
The ideal candidate will be an undergraduate student with a strong technology emphasis, majoring in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience related to these fields. The candidate must have a passion for learning and enthusiasm for cyber security. This candidate should also have base knowledge of:
- Basic security concepts and best practices
- Common security threats and vulnerabilities
- Common Ports/Services
- Basic networking concepts
- Basic Windows and Linux concepts
- Microsoft Office
The intern will present a final report or complete a project tailored as much as possible to their particular area of interest.
- Conduct basic threat intelligence operations in support of threat hunting
- Support threat hunting and detection engineering activities
- Develop comprehensive reports for technical and non-technical audience
- Develop scripts or tools to enhance Cboe Global Market’s incident response processes and capabilities
- Keep up to date with the latest cyber security threats and technologies
- Update procedures and methodologies to improve the incident response process
- Assist threat management team with day to day operational activities
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.