Site Reliability Engineer Intern
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) intern will assist the SRE team in day-to-day tasks as outlined in the Job Description below. This position is a very good opportunity to learn about complex software systems and financial markets. The SRE team often works closely with other engineers such as software and database developers, Linux administrators, and network engineers, and you will learn more about the role that all of these people have in creating and maintaining a financial exchange. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to learn more about various financial markets, such as Equities, Options, and Futures, and related subjects, such as low latency trading and the importance of creating highly reliable systems. We value people who are passionate about these subjects.
In addition, the SRE intern will be assigned a special project to complete during the internship. The special project will likely involve heavy use of Linux, Python, and SQL skills in some form, depending on the intern’s interests and skill sets.
- Monitor and troubleshoot U.S. production and certification environments for technical issues
- Monitor software development activities and their impact on U.S. Operations
- Complete other project work assigned to SRE, such as creating new tools, rolling out new features, and technology migrations
- Create and improve technical and business reports related to Operations
- Analyze and optimize performance of the financial exchanges
- Investigate software bugs
- Assist in capacity planning activities
- Manage batch processing related to Operations
- Currently pursuing in Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Desire to learn about technical operations for a financial exchange
- Advanced Linux command line knowledge
- High level of proficiency in Python and SQL
- Ability to read and evaluate C++ (or similarly complex OO languages)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.