Regulatory Intern (year-long)
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment.
Unique opportunity to intern year-round for Cboe’s Regulatory department. We are targeting a January 2023 start date for this opportunity, working part time hours until the summer (June), where the role would transition to 40 hour work weeks. The ideal candidate will either be an undergraduate (rising junior or senior) or graduate student with an outstanding record of academic achievement and an interest in the financial markets. In addition, you should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to work on multiple assignments, work well on a team, excellent and demonstrated organizational and time management skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist the regulatory staff with data analysis related to investigations or examinations of trading firm data
- Gather data from trading firms when necessary to assist with data analysis. Respond to general inquiries from the firms.
- Professionally interact with internal regulatory staff and external contacts (such as Self-Regulatory Organizations, trading permit holders, etc).
- Document findings in an organized and concise fashion; provide clearly-written, detailed explanations of transaction activity.
- Assist with file documentation management and file upload into FileNet.
- Provide ad hoc support and perform other duties as assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree Business Management, Economics or related fields
- Organize and prioritize tasks and work assignments; complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality; adjust to changes in priorities and situations; complete work under pressure; meet deadlines
- Organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; listen to others and respond appropriately; use appropriate grammar and word choice
- Express facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing and organized manner; prepare written summaries with clarity, completeness, and accuracy
- Evaluate, analyze, and summarize data and facts; establish logical connections; form sound decisions based on analysis
- Interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts; use tact and diplomacy; maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate controversial or sensitive information
- Must have ability to commute to Chicago, IL office on a regular basis
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide (main U.S. locations: Chicago, Kansas City, New York)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.