Market Policy & Government Affairs Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Market Policy Internship Overview
This program is designed to engage you in day-to-day activities and projects contributing towards our team and corporate goals while allowing you to apply what you have learned in the educational offerings to actual business situations. This is a role that requires strong verbal and written communication skills – it is not a quantitative research role. Please attach a recent writing sample to your resume.
- Perform initial written analysis of regulatory and legislative proposals and be able to concisely present information & key points of interest
- Research various regulatory topics and proposals and draft memos related to the findings
- Assist with drafting comment letters in response to regulatory rule proposals
- Monitor proposed rulemakings from U.S. federal agencies such as the SEC, CFTC and Federal Reserve and summarize the key regulatory proposals that may impact Cboe
- Monitor proposed rulemakings from international agencies such as ESMA, FCA, European Commission and IOSCO and summarize the key regulatory proposals that may impact Cboe
- Monitor congressional bills focusing on financial services, agriculture and tax committees (including bills related to market structure and developments in the cryptocurrency space)
- Monitor public hearings in the U.S. House and Senate
- Track information on upcoming SEC meetings and congressional hearings
- Update policy positions and draft content for webpage
- Assist with facilitation of the corporate ESG program
- Provide ad hoc support and assist the Market Policy & Government Affairs Department as duties assigned
- The ideal candidate will be a law student with an outstanding record of academic achievement and an interest in the financial markets and market structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A recent writing sample must be submitted along with your resume
- Ability to read and summarize lengthy financial services regulatory proposals (including SEC proposed rulemakings)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, work well on a team, excellent and demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- While it is a hybrid environment, the ideal candidate will be located in/willing to relocate to Chicago for the summer and will come into the office at least 2x a week
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.