Principal Full Stack Software Engineer, .NET - Remote
Cboe is one of the largest exchanges in the world and the mission of our technology team is to disrupt the status quo with a relentless focus on product innovation that transforms new ideas into tradable realities. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who likes to solve tough problems and has a desire to explore and leverage new technologies.
Collaborating with other talented developers, you will develop, deploy, and support real-time trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. You care deeply about system reliability, testability, and the end user experience and relentlessly optimize performance, responsiveness, and workflows. Our engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering. We enjoy solving complex problems and continuously improve our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We are agile, care about statistics and love automation.
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, UI design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
You will be a great for this role if
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience or have previously worked in a Principal Software Engineer capacity (or equivalent) where you participated in business requirement gatherings, system design, software architecture and have hands-on engineering experience with large scale, distributed systems
- You have experience mentoring junior software engineers
- You are an enthusiastic Agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality, well tested solutions in a predictable manner
- You have experience dealing with customers through support and requirements analysis
- Ideally (but not required) you have experience with real-time trading systems, knowledge of order routing workflows, market data distribution and equity, option and futures trading front ends is a plus
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field with an interest or practical experience in financial markets, high volume, distributed critical systems
On a typical day you will
- Work across teams and products to define and refine processes and procedures related to our engineering process
- Provide architecture and direction for continued growth of our code base to support new asset classes, products, regions, models, methodologies, etc.
- Provide significant review of business and technical requirements
- Provide significant input into project planning and scheduling
- Write high quality testable code with performance in mind
- Maintaining a highly available system
- Design modern application that are scalable and maintainable
- Distill complex requirements into manageable features / tasks
- Mentor other engineers; help managers to onboard and train new associates
- Key participant in the interview and assessment process for new associates.
- Use tools and technologies, such as C#, WPF, Powershell, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Vue, Typescript, Postgres SQL, JetBrains Suite, Wireshark
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our associates’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $156,000-$257,400. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.