Senior Cloud Engineer - Remote
At Cboe Global Markets, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
The goal of the Cboe Cloud Engineering group focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling the Cboe operations, software engineering and application teams to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in a breadth of infrastructure disciplines, including network design, system administration, storage management, security policy implementation, virtualization, and process automation. The candidate must be able to build secure cloud infrastructure, support application runtime environments, and collaborate with engineers at all levels. The candidate should also be proactive, able to troubleshoot technical issues, and maintain automation scripts/tools.
Further, the candidate will be responsible for architecting, engineering and implementing infrastructure in major Cloud Service Provider platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Snowflake, as well as performing day to day support and monitoring of its cloud infrastructure. The candidate will work with development teams and other infrastructure engineers to solve critical issues. Successful candidates must have worked in AWS environments and have an excellent understanding of cloud concepts. The candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, analytical skills, communications skills, and demonstrate great problem-solving ability.
- Assist in architecting, designing, and implementing cloud-based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions
- Design, develop and implement automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration solutions
- Use Cloud Service Provider(s) to deploy highly available, scalable, and secure applications
- Design and implement workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Administration and engineering of user Role-Based Access Controls and processes
- Governance of cloud infrastructure, including both technical controls and cost governance structures
- Create and update support documentation and standards.
- Develop automated methodologies for deployment activities, configuration management, supporting systems and business processes.
- Use Jira to track and manage all work through the development life cycle.
- Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support our deployment processes
- Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
- Drive compliance and security efforts related to systems managed by the team.
Skills / Experience
- Experience with deployment systems across major Cloud vendors including AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, with strong expertise in AWS
- Experience in implementing Secure Architectures for private and/or public internet facing systems
- Strong understanding of networking and internet protocols and distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing fault tolerance and scalable systems for the cloud
- Experience in cloud cost optimization and budget management
- Working knowledge of Shared Responsibility models
- Prior experience building out CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Applied experience and knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, including Pulumi a plus
- Background in software development a plus
- Thorough understanding of the financial markets a plus
- 5+ years experience working with 3 major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- BA or BS in any STEM or related field
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our associates’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office (when you choose to work on site)
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
More About Cboe Global Markets
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.