Sr. Engineer - PHP
Senior PHP Engineer @ BIDS Trading (www.bidstrading.com)
New York City, NY
BIDS Trading operates two of the world’s largest equity block trading systems, one in the U.S. and the other in Europe. As Senior PHP Engineer, you will to develop, test and support our internal web applications. You will collaborate closely with our Software Engineering teams and Operations teams to identify opportunities to evolve and improve our internal platform.
- Enhance and extend our internal web applications enabling critical functions for Sales, Support, Operational Monitoring, and Finance.
- Acquire an understanding of product and business priorities and how they relate to the applications and projects.
- Migrate existing functionality into the Laravel framework.
- Implement test harnesses and automation to improve test coverage.
- Constantly challenge yourself and the team for continuous improvement.
- Engage in production troubleshooting and participate in on-call rotation for application support.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years web / application development / scripting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience using source control management systems such as Git and/or Subversion in a continuous integration environment.
- The successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken communication and organizational skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced, small-team environment, strong attention to detail, and a high level of personal accountability.
- Familiarity with building Docker images and running Docker containers.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, common mistakes, and penetration testing approaches.
- Experience with Jira issue tracking system.
- SOLID Principals and Design Patterns
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $96,000-$158,000. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.