Trade Desk Specialist
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
At Cboe Europe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Trade Desk team is hiring for Trade Desk Specialist.
The Trade Desk Specialist role part of the Global Trading Hours unit, is served by experienced financial technologists with responsibilities that include providing customer support and production level operational oversight of real-time low latency Cboe exchange trading platforms (e.g. BYX, BZX, C1, C2, CFE, EDGA, EDGX, MatchNow) covering multiple asset classes and geographies (e.g. equities, foreign currencies, futures, options).
Additionally, this team is offering auxiliary oversight of various Cboe Data & Access applications (e.g. LiveVol, Silexx, Index) - This role is responsible for providing first level world class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring systems and ensuring systems maintain a healthy state and troubleshooting when they are not.
Trade Desk Specialists will often act as a liaison between different stakeholders including global and regional banks, buy side firms, corporates, prime brokers, and vendors along with internal business and technology teams. A Trade Desk Specialist must be able to work independently with little to no direct supervision in performing their duties.
Additionally, individuals in this role will have many opportunities to provide input into the full lifecycle of global projects and to directly impact the success of the team and the greater organization.
- Provide customers and sales support and training related to platform behavior, order processing behavior, market structure, and feature/functions.
- Perform daily system checks and periodically review audit logs to verify system changes. Monitor active production, disaster recovery, and certification/test environment systems and ensure Cboe platforms and systems are operating as expected. Take direct action to resolve known issues. Provide customers, regulators, and the business with live updates related to systems and trading issues.
- Provide exchange platform support including equity listing process management; service cancel order requests; conduct clearly erroneous and obvious error trade reviews; support voluntary price adjustments; service clearing support requests; declare Self Help on away exchanges when warranted; execute real-time order routing changes; conduct futures settlement price verifications; service and support block trade and ECRPs; and monitor auctions/rotations.
- Liaise with business associates, customers, and software engineers to define and design new features and functions. Test changes to systems and platform functionality prior to deployment and work with software engineering team to resolve systemic issues that are identified. Participate in internal and industry-wide weekend testing as needed.
- Perform analytical functions to troubleshoot and explain complex technical and/or trading issues, conduct root cause analysis as well as impact analysis studies, and resolve customer issues for Cboe trading systems and other platforms related to Cboe’s Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). E.g. market data, order entry, web service APIs. Participate in operational on-call support rotations as needed.
- Utilize SQL to conduct data mining against databases, a UNIX shell to examine log files, or Cboe proprietary tools in support of gathering and analyzing data to provide reports to and service the needs of customers and business teams.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in one or more areas critical to production operations support by mentoring, providing guidance to, and through training to Cboe staff. Liaise with vendors and operators of facilities supporting critical financial infrastructure.
The ideal candidate has:
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Solid experience in a securities related field.
- Experience of monitoring and support of production mission critical trading and market data systems preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work assignments; complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality; adjust to changes in priorities and situations; complete work under pressure; meet deadlines.
- Previous experience having supported Equities, Futures & Options.
- Customer on-boarding experience preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Linux experience and SQL proficiency preferred.
- Familiarity with FIX protocol and low latency trading systems.
- Desire to increase securities market expertise and to become proficient with Cboe Technology.
- Ability to work well on an international team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; use professional grammar and word choice; listen to others and respond appropriately.
- Familiar with networking fundamentals and debugging tools (telnet, ping, traceroute, netstat and Wireshark).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Cboe offer pension contributions up to 7% of base salary.
- Enhanced paid parental leave to support parents
- EAP - This service intends to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This service includes short- term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
- ClassPass Corporate Membership which provides access to on-demand classes, livestream classes, in-person classes and wellness sessions across different fitness genres. (taxable benefit)
- 25 days holiday per year per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work.
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks in any Cboe office
- Paid tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
More About Cboe Europe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age and disability
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.