Senior Frontend Engineer
Posted on Saturday, April 9, 2022
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound protocol is one of the largest DeFi protocols on earth, with over $15 billion earning interest, and moving billions of dollars of assets every day.
At Compound Labs we develop the protocol and new tools, alongside a community of users and COMP token-holders.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Compound, you will help lead our team in building well designed user experiences that are unique, trustworthy and scalable across all Compound frontend properties. You will also be given the opportunity to influence the direction, design and execution of all future product experiences. We work in React, Typescript, Elixir, Elm, Solidity, Rust and are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding. At Compound, you will be part of a cutting edge team building high-caliber technology that has a massive impact on the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Help guide long term technical direction and vision for maintaining and scaling our web products
- Build functional UI elements from design mocks, with an emphasis on performance, reliability and accessibility
- Work with Product, Design and Engineering to implement a functional, user-friendly and delightful experience
- Build a unified styles library for use across all products
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Teach and mentor other engineers
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Proven track record in developing web applications and shipping user facing features
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company on-sites across the world
- Remote available
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Founded in 2017, Compound Labs is backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.
See more open positions at Compound Labs
Something looks off?