Web3 Counsel / Assistant General Counsel
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
We are seeking a talented and energetic attorney to join the legal department, lead legal projects, and help build the legal function. This role is ideal for an individual who thrives in a startup environment, brings an interdisciplinary and autodidactic approach to solving conventional and novel legal problems, and is comfortable working independently and directly with business leaders. The position will report to the General Counsel.
- Design, build, and implement processes and resources to grow and mature the legal function at the company.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements as well as foundational documents for product and service offerings (e.g., privacy policies, user agreements and terms of service, etc.).
- Support and advise cross-functional teams across the company on all commercial, corporate, and other legal issues (including commercial transactions, employment, intellectual property, privacy, regulatory and licensing, etc.).
- Assist with corporate governance administration.
- Advise business, growth, engineering, and other teams on issues related to product design and development, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Research and advise on complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Law degree or equivalent credentials from a top law school or with distinction and law license in jurisdiction of legal practice.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal practice with experience at a top tier global law firm or in-house legal department.
- Must reside in the United States, Norway, Singapore, or Vietnam and be able to periodically travel to the company's global offices.
- Passion for crypto and Web3
- Keen attention to detail with exacting standards.
- Self-starter and enterprising attitude.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- High-capacity to own and juggle multiple, complex projects and work streams.
- High-degree of comfort and proven success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Industry experience in crypto, consumer financial services, video games, venture capital or VC-backed companies, or tech is a plus.
- Legal experience advising companies with a global business or a presence in the APAC region is a plus.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Something looks off?