Senior Mobile Engineer
Senior Mobile Engineer
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and checks since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their Drivers, and help ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
About The Role
As a software engineer on the Mobile team at Relay, you’ll be responsible for building next generation mobile applications for an industry that has seen little innovation in the last 50 years. You’ll help build, test, and deploy these applications so that they are fast and reliable. In doing so, you’ll help drivers save time each week by making over-the-road payments transparent and painless. More generally, you’ll deliver value to everyone in the supply chain by providing visibility into spending, accurate accounting, and money saving features.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience (native or cross-platform)
- Able to implement custom UI/UX using a variety of native elements and a platform agnostic design system
- Detail-oriented systems thinker who can work well independently or with others on a team
- Ability to work on a fast paced team and maintain flexibility while weighing business and technical priorities
Systems and Frameworks
These are the systems and frameworks that we use on the Relay Mobile Team:
- React Native
- Redux Toolkit
- BrowserStack (mobile testing)
About Our Team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA.
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work.
- We rely heavily on automated testing and CI.
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products.
- Our stack: React Native GoLang, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, React, git.
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join one of Atlanta’s best-funded, most well-positioned fintech start-ups.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We invest in your future with our 401K match program and dedicated personal/professional development funds.
- Do what’s best for your mental, physical and emotional health with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.