Strategic Project Manager
Strategic Project Manager
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and checks since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their Drivers, and help ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
About The Role
Relay Payments is seeking a self-directed, experienced project manager who is motivated most by enabling others to succeed to serve as our Strategic Project Manager. In this capacity, you will be the owner and main point of contact for multiple corporate initiatives simultaneously. This role requires comfort influencing cross-functionally in an ambiguous environment, overseeing production of strategic deliverables, and running complex enterprise projects. You will be responsible for owning the planning, documentation, and coordination of long-term strategic initiatives that impact operations, revenue, and product, including requirements gathering, detailed design, integration testing, user-acceptance testing, training, cutover, and go-live.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and change management skills that can help us identify strategic needs and prioritize critical processes to scale, keep the big picture in mind through analysis and implementation, and connect the dots for all involved to make the change sustainable. This role will be highly visible, highly cross-functional, and will require collaboration with all areas of our business. We are looking for a creative thinker who can identify obstacles and create innovative solutions that work for all parties involved.
- Drive technical projects from conception to execution, aligning stakeholders and ensuring priority deadlines are met
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, and finalization of multiple and/or large scale projects to support the business
- Create and manage detailed project plans to ensure execution and accountability from key stakeholders
- Gather and document business requirements to develop scalable solutions
- Build and deliver training materials for new process improvement initiatives
- Build objective, consumable, forward-looking business cases to help the organization identify optimal solutions for growth and scale
- Prioritize, communicate, and execute against a project/program roadmap
- Establish critical measures, baselines, and measurement methods to ensure sustainable improvement
- Develop program materials, templates, documentation, and other assets
- Manage deadlines, prioritize workloads, and maintain a strong attention to detail to meet organizational objectives and quality measures
- Oversee the change management and communication needs required by program to impacted stakeholder groups
- Own the project backlog for your team, working closely with internal stakeholders to identify projects and set priorities
- Provide key project status reports and introduce mitigation tactics to minimize project delivery risks/remove blockers to project success
- 6+ years of experience with project and stakeholder management, strategic initiatives, and/or cross-functional execution
- Strong critical thinking and strategic decision-making skills
- Ability to understand the big picture business impacts of potential changes to processes
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Expert proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Experience with implementing projects in sales and sales operations
- Experience with Project Management tools recommended
- PMP or other relevant certification preferred
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join one of Atlanta’s best-funded, most well-positioned fintech start-ups.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We invest in your future with our 401K match program and on-staff Career Coach.
- Do what’s best for your mental, physical and emotional health with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Something looks off?