NOC Support Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
The NOC Intern is an entry level role within the Cboe Network Operations Center (NOC) team. The Cboe NOC is a multi-tiered, customer-focused, highly skilled network support team responsible for engineering, implementing, and maintaining edge routing infrastructure for all trading platforms, Cloud Market Data solutions, and open outcry wireless systems on the Cboe Trading Floor. The NOC bridges the knowledge gap between Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, and Trade Desk. This role is responsible for providing first level world class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring Cboe’s global network infrastructure, ensuring network devices maintain a healthy state, and troubleshooting when they are not. The NOC Intern will work closely with customer Network Engineers and Data Center Technicians to implement connectivity solutions and troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues. A NOC Intern will often require supervisory support and/or support from their peers in conducting their day-to-day responsibilities.
Main Job Duties
- With supervision, provide customers and the sales coverage team support and training related to Cboe network connectivity. Service the NOC Hotline as well as email support tickets directed to the Cboe NOC Jira queue. Provide timely and professional outbound communications to firms regarding project timelines or infrastructure affecting maintenance.
- With supervision, onboard new customer direct connections, provision new circuits and process circuit terminations within data centers. Configure customer access for market data products based on entitlements. Ensure fair market access by certifying customer connections in all latency equalized trading environments. Deploy new network configuration and assist with testing of customer access to trade entry or market data dissemination systems to support existing customer connectivity as needed.
- During trading hours, proactively monitor customer connectivity, market access connectivity in real-time for state changes, wired\wireless connectivity on the Cboe Trading Floor, physical interface level errors, and other conditions such as TCP retransmits in order to minimize Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR) in the event error conditions are detected. Engage customers based on red to green monitoring or statistic-based alarms. Monitor uplinks to back-end trading infrastructure and monitor public facing Cboe web sites for availability. Escalate technical issues appropriately.
- Respond to customer multicast gap claims and provide relevant troubleshooting information. Perform packet captures and network packet inspection to explain complex technical issues, perform root cause analysis, and address problem management occurrences.
- Under guidance of the NOC Principal Engineer, the NOC Intern will maintain and develop new NOC tooling and reporting using Python, PSQL queries, and other coding and network automation tools as applicable.
Graduate or Bachelor’s Degree Program in Progress:
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Financial Services, Communications, or a related discipline.
Certifications and/or Licenses
One or more of the following:
- Cisco or AWS Intern, Specialist, or Higher-Level Certification
- CompTia Security+, Network+
One or more of the following:
- Python coding
- Layer 3 device Command Line Interface (CLI) configuration
- AWS, Pulumi, or other Infrastructure as Code
- Ansible or Network Automation Tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.