Quality Assurance Intern (Hybrid)
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
Will be contributing to the repository of testcases for one or more frameworks written in the Java language. Will be creating suites of testcases that match SQA best practices and provide thorough test coverage.
We own some of the largest financial data sets in the world and deal with the challenges that come with real time streaming data and large historical databases.
What we expect from you:
· Understanding of foundational software quality assurance principles
· Strong knowledge of Java core OOP principles
· Experience working with git based source control
· Practical experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server
· Strong fundamental programming skills, good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
· Comfortability with both Windows and Linux operating systems
· Must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in the technology/engineering field with a strong interest in the financial markets.
· Ability to work on multiple assignments, work well on a team or on your own, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and customer service skills
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide (main U.S. locations: Chicago, Kansas City, New York)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.