Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud) Intern - Regulatory
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
The successful candidate will own the global technology platform systems operations that support multiple regulatory and compliance programs. The role supports non-technical program users across regions and financial asset classes. Productive collaboration is required with technical stakeholders both inside and outside the department. The candidate will monitor systems health, understand expected application lifecycles, and manage process scheduling and orchestration for on-prem and cloud resources. This opportunity requires an individual to have strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Understand the business and create solutions to help the staff be more productive.
- Providing on-going application support to end-users and communicating technical information clearly to an end-user audience
- Monitor live systems and actively engage in the incident management process.
- Communicate promptly with end-users when outages occur or when change is necessary.
- Make changes in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring service can always be restored.
- Automate wherever possible to create a low-overhead environment and ensure consistency.
- Write and maintain system health checks and orchestration scripts.
- Conduct performance and capacity tests to ensure systems scale beyond the current needs.
- Researching or evaluating software/tools and alternate design techniques for new or existing system improvements
- Participating in production 24/7 on-call support rotation and occasional weekend testing requirements
- Provide devops cloud resources help during design and implementation for cloud projects
- Some experience with the technologies below:
- Experience with Linux or UNIX-like operating systems
- Scripting language proficiency in Python, Bash, or other automation languages
- Experience with deployment automation technologies like Puppet, SALT, and Jenkins desired
- Operational support within a cloud technology; AWS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fervent adherence to change management and process documentation
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, requiring minimal direction and follow-up
- Experience working on more than one project at a time
- Experience in financial, trading, exchange, banking and/or related fields is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.